Barn Owl Nest Box
Please note this handmade bespoke Barn Owl Nest Box can take up to six weeks to build and deliver if we don't have them in stock.
The Wildlife World Barn Owl Box was developed jointly with experienced owl conservationists. As a result, it provides a safe and suitable nest site for breeding barn owls. This model has a straight-sided design that uses lightweight yet durable materials. This gives barn owls a long-lasting nest site that is easier to install than heavier alternatives. Other features as follows:
- Flatpack design for easy transportation
- Handmade from solid FSC-certified timber and recycled agricultural plastic
- Slow-seasoned timber negates the need for chemicals, stains or artificial preservatives.
- Lightweight making for easier installation
- Recycled plastic upper and lower hanging/fixing plates
- Generous-sized front platform and flat rooftop for landing area/fledgling wing exercise
- Deep interior space for owl chick safety
- Large front inspection door with bolt
- Drilled floor for drainage and ventilation
- Fitted with a camera clip (a camera is a legal way to monitor this protected species without disturbing them)
Siting your Nest Box
Barns owls are birds of the open countryside (not woodland). Therefore, position the box on a tree in the open, in a building or on a barn at the edge of woodland. After finding a suitable location, firstly you should site the box high up, 2.5m – 5m, ideally facing east, NE or SE. Secondly, remember to ensure a clear flight path to the Owl Barn Nest Box.
Barn owls are particularly vulnerable to being hit by traffic because of their low-level hunting style. Therefore, please do not locate your Barn Owl Box within 1/2 mile of a major road.
The presence of vole-rich grasslands and less intensively managed habitat is the key to selecting a successful nest box site.
Order this Barn Owl Nest Box from Well Fed Birds today and get fast delivery!